Friday, March 1, 2013

Here comes the sun

I've had a bit of an uneventful week. I missed out on Basel Fasnacht (the Swiss protestant version of Carnival) due to sickness, nasty, nasty, flu-type sickness that totally laid me out for 2.5 days and I still have tons of head congestion.

The upside to being sick was that I got to watch a couple movies and spend a couple days snuggling a couple of friendly, lovely dackels.

The weather here is slowly getting better and warmer by the day. The sun made an appearance today and by Sunday it is supposed to be 12C (~54C)! Hooray! I'm SO ready for spring.

We will be visiting Simon's parents this weekend in Luzern in central Switzerland. The boys love it there because they get a big house to run around in and a young boxer dog to play with. In addition, there are big fields and green spaces to run around in just a short 5 min walk up the road. It's a great spot for two dackels to run like crazy.

I have a bit of "clean-up" trimming to do on Baxter this weekend so that he is ready for his shows in Germany next weekend.

I'm sure I will have more to update you all on next week, so until then, I hope that everyone is surviving the winter. Luckily spring is just around the corner!


Did you know that sunshine spawns dackels?

No comments:

Post a Comment