Monday, March 3, 2014

Double Feature in the Badischer Dachshund Club magazine

I was ecstatic to receive our quarterly magazine from the Badischer Dachshund Club about a week ago and see that both Simon and I had articles in there. Mine was about our spurlaut exam (based on this text) with translation assistance from Simon and Simon's was about his BHP exam with Baxter. I know I have written about both tests on the blog, but I thought it would be fun to see the articles. Sorry to our English readers for the German!


I love the photo of Freddie at the top. It captures him perfectly.
A good time had by all and lots of great results!

Last, but not least, our SDC magazine came the other day and we were happy to see our results in the Ausstellung in Ausland section (Exhibitions outside of the country-for Karlsruhe and Wels) as well as in the Prüfungs in Ausland section (Tests outside of the country). As I mentioned last week, Simon won the Wanderpokal given out by the Jagd group for Best dog handler in the section, and these tests contributed to that score. 


Even though I am a driving force for practicing and participating in tests with the dogs, Simon really is the man that does the performance work and I am very thankful for that. Now as we start on new practices and tests, I will definitely be helping out. This year we will be working with the boys on tracking and getting into the fox/badger dens and we hope that we will have success on both fronts. Time will tell, but for now we are happy with our success in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment