Saturday, October 10, 2015

A Nice Day in Tvååker

So friends, it was our last show day of the season. I decided when Markku proposed that I take Iita for tracking, I suggested trying our luck at 1 dog show. The Halland Taxklubben has their annual fall exhibition in Tvååker and last year it was nice and fun. This year I wanted to check out the new dachshund judge: Jens Myrman as he has been showing up quite often in the show circuit. As Liina is in Finland, I figured it would be nice to take Iita and Baxter. Baxter hasn't been show much since he returned from his trip this spring, but why not bring him along every once and a while.

So we were up at 5:30 this morning to get ready and get on the road up to the show. It started at 9am and we had to be checked in before it started. As I am NOT a morning person, I stopped the night before to grab a Starbuck's to go and a Red Bull since 2 hours of driving while the sun is coming up is not especially fun for me.

Anyhow, my normal "show friends" weren't there, but that was ok! Some of my facebook friends came over to say hello and chat. :)

Anyhow, there were 25 standard wirehairs at the show today and they were fairly evenly split into male and female. Baxter was in a class of 4 males and Iita in a class of 8 females. I am very, very happy with the results:


Baxter: Excellent, CK, Champion Class Concurrence (CHKK) 2, Best male 2
Iita: Excellent, CK, Jakt Class Concurrence (JKK) 2, Best female 3
(with res-CERT if not for her earning the CH)

With these results, Iita was awarded her Swedish Show Championship! Both dogs performed beautifully and I was the one at fault since I didn't bring enough treats! Thanks go out to my friend Elisabeth that saved the day with more goodies.

Now we are all tired and enjoying some snuggle time on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment