Saturday, May 2, 2015

National Purebred Dog Day

Even though I am not in the US to celebrate purebred dog day, the dackel and I want to show our support!


My dogs were bred not only for their looks,  but for purpose. ALL of their ancestors have participated in and passed a variety of working trials in order to maintain the purpose and mentality of the breed. Their parents were carefully selected for their working attitude, beauty, personality, and mentality. I can tell each of their ancestors back AT LEAST 4 generations, and in most cases even out to 8 generations. You want to tell me all of my dogs are inbred? Well 2 of my 3 have a 0% COI in 4 generations, meaning they share NONE of the same descendants. Freddie is slightly higher (though still VERY LOW) as his great grandfather was used 2x in his pedigree. Most people don't have as detailed a family tree as most purebred dogs, nor can they claim that somewhere in their past their isn't some sort of "inbreeding." 

Baxter (top-2 months), Freddie (middle-3 months) and Liina (bottom-4 months) as puppies

Each of the dogs has their own distinct personality and abilities. Baxter is a show dog with a LOT of hunting drive and promise in both tracking and underground, Freddie is a hunting machine with an excellent drive and a strong, elegant body and Liina is an upcoming shining star who is a natural tracker, with a lot of good looks and attitude. Many, many thanks to all of the ancestors and careful, responsible breeders for taking the time to show, test, and plan for their future generations! 

Someday I will join the ranks and carry the torch of responsible breeders everywhere.
For now though, I am going to go snuggle my dogs. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment